I’m helping with a dinner party tonight at a home on the beach and I wanted to give a treat giveaway to each guest that would incorporate the “beach theme”. I knew that there was one guest that is gluten free so I developed a recipe for these key lime coolers with corn meal in them. The cornmeal worked great and gave the cookies a nice crunchy texture. Not for just people with gluten allergies, everyone will enjoy them. I’m giving these cookies along with a jar of my home made “beach house seasoning”, you can get that recipe on this post here: http://recipeforaparty.com/1596
I love giving party guests gifts at small intimate dinner parties, a fun way to remember the party.
Gluten Free and Delicious!
1 cup of room temperature unsalted butter
1 ½ cups sugar
¼ cup key lime juice
1 tablespoon key lime zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cup of gluten free flour
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 ½ cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar and egg and mix with a stand mixer or hand mixer and mix until creamy, add the lime juice, zest and vanilla an mix in, set aside
- In another bowl combine the flour, corn starch, cornmeal, baking powder and salt and with a whisk, stir it around so it’s all combined.
- Add to the wet ingredients 1 cup at a time and mix in until well blended
- Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for half an hour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Drop the cookie batter in 1 inch ball onto a parchment lined sheet pan, I used a small cookie scoop
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and sprinkle with confectioners sugar
- Makes 40 cookies