Peach Bruschetta with Creamed Bleu Cheese & Arugula -Joseph Sciascia
I developed this recipe many years ago and served it at countless parties, bruschetta is an easy appetizer and the toppings are endless. You may still find peaches at your local grocery store, depending on where you live, so much produce these days are imported; if you can’t find them, you can dream about making these for your summer party. I love the flavor of bleu cheese, the tangy pungent flavor goes so well with the sweet peaches and the peppery arugula, the balsamic glaze brings in a nice layer of flavor and don’t forget the candied walnuts…It’s like a salad on toast. Makes approximately 24 to 20 bites.
1 baguette, sliced
Olive oil spray
3 peaches, sliced
8 Oz of bleu cheese
½ cup of milk
1 cup of arugula leaves, stems removed
Course black pepper
½ cup of crumbled candied walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place sliced baguette on making sheet and spray each slice of bread generously with olive oil spray, bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes, remove and set aside to cool
- While bread is in the oven, put bleu cheese in a work bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times adding milk until blended through creamy and spreadable, if too thick add a bit more milk, scraping sides, empty into a small bowl
- Spread the cheese on the bread slices, top with a few leaves of arugula and a sliced peach slice
- Lightly drizzled with balsamic glaze, sprinkle with walnuts and sprinkle with pepper or use a pepper grinder.