Turn your brunch parties upside down with my unique and Italian inspired pear, ricotta & rosemary corn muffins. The aroma in my kitchen is so intense; I should make cologne with this scent I would make millions. You can really smell the butter, rosemary and corn in the air as these muffins bake. I’m getting another cup of coffee and the butter ready because on this cold dreary January afternoon I’m about to enjoy the comforting hug of a warm muffin in my fat belly. They tasted fabulous, the sweetness of the pear and golden raisins paired with the rosemary, corn and subtleness of the ricotta was divine. I will be making these again for sure.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups peeled, chopped pears (about 2 large pears)
1 cup whole ricotta cheese
¼ cup golden raisins
¼ cup orange juice
1 tablespoon Meyer lemon zest or regular lemon zest
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons butter
2 eggs beaten
- 400 degrees F
- Combine the golden raisins and the orange juice in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute on high, set aside.
- Melt the butter and the minced rosemary in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute on high, set aside.
- Mix together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk together.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well. Stir in the golden raisins and the rosemary & butter
- Mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined, do not overmix, it will be thick and divide among 12 large muffin cups
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Makes 12 awesome muffins
Previous post« Double Chocolate Pot De Creme
Next PostChipotle Sweet Potato & Corn Chowder »
Tags: brunch muffins, corn muffin recipes, pear muffin recipes, pear recipes, pear ricotta & rosemary corn muffins
This post was written by Joseph Sciascia