The most exciting part of what I do is putting smiles on faces of people with my food and the element of surprise always helps. I’m surprising a client this Saturday with two treats I made for her daughters’ sweet sixteen birthday party. This amazing S’more Popcorn and another treat I made earlier this week of Birthday Cake Pretzels. It’s her sweet sixteen birthday party, we need to keep her and her friends sweet after all…right? This popcorn is great if you are craving some popcorn but want something sweet as well, how about bringing back those summer memories with the campfires with s’mores? Make a big bowl of this popcorn for your next party and surprise your friends and family…the recipe could not be any easier.
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
2/3 cup of white popcorn kernels
1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1 12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided in two
1 cup of white chocolate chips
1 12oz box of graham square cereal
- In a 6 quart pot with a lid, heat oil and popcorn kernels over medium high heat, once the corn starts to pop, shake the pot back and forth every few seconds until you no longer hear the corn popping. Pour into a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and toss.
- Add to the large bowl of popcorn, half the bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of white chocolate chips…let it sit for a few minutes so the warm popcorn can start melting the chocolate, just a bit.
- Meanwhile In a microwave safe cup, microwave half the semi-sweet chocolate in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring occasionally, set aside.
- Add to the popcorn, the cereal and the bag of marshmallows and toss so everything is evenly mixed up.
- With a teaspoon, drizzle the melted chocolate in long strokes, stir and drizzle more until all of the melted chocolate is mixed in.
- Set aside for 20 minutes for everything to set up…if you can wait that long Makes 8 quarts
Leave a Reply