Ice cream sandwiches are good anytime of the year and these mini ones are delicious and perfect as bite size party treats. I developed this simple recipe for a client’s daughter’s grad party; it was a warm day out so the party guests could not wait to gobble them up. Try different flavors of ice cream, melting peanut butter chips or white chocolate chips for a variety including different crushed toppings to dip them in like mini candies, crushed cookies, sprinkles or cereal.
1 package of frozen mini waffles (contains 40)
1 quart of vanilla or chocolate Ice cream of your choice
1- 11.5 oz. package of chocolate chips
1- 8 oz. package of toffee bits
- Prepare mini waffles according to package directions. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place 10 waffles on parchment lined cookie sheet. Top each one with a mini scoop of ice cream. Place the remaining waffles on top, lightly press to flatten.
- Place in freezer for at least 20 minutes
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler over medium heat until melted. Take off heat and let cool but still very soft for dipping.
- Take waffle sandwiches out of freezer.
- Pour toffee bits into bowl, or other candy or sprinkles of your choice.
- Dip each waffle sandwich half way into melted chocolate and again into candy coating, so the candy sticks onto the chocolate. Place back on the parchment lined cookie sheet, repeat until all sandwiches are done.
- Place back in freezer for at least another 20 to 30 minutes and serve or leave in freezer for up to a week, in tightly covered container and take out 10 minutes before serving to soften.
- Enjoy! Perfect for all ages and fabulous for entertaining at parties.
Makes 20 mini treats -Serves approximately 6 (3 mini sandwiches each)