Summer is upon us and that means one thing…cherry season! My recipe for these fresh summer chicken salad phyllo tarts with Gorgonzola, pistachios & cherries could not be easier. My latest creation for these chicken salad tarts don’t disappoint. They have fresh cherries pistachio & Gorgonzola cheese in a crunchy phyllo cup.
Do you have leftover chicken in the fridge and you don’t know what to do with it? Making this recipe will be quick and easy to make if you do. Sometimes I pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to make quick recipes like pizza, sandwiches or salad like this one. Therefore enjoying more time with family and friends when I entertain, I like shortcuts.
Serving these Chicken Salad Phyllo Tarts with Gorgonzola, Pistachios & Cherries
These little chicken phyllo tarts are scrumptious enough for backyard parties and sophisticated enough for high heel garden tea parties and the perfect seasonal dish for entertaining. Try these tips and resources on serving these at your next party.
- Appetizer Fast! A great and fast way to serve leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store
- Are you on a low- carb or gluten free diet, try serving this on thick cucumber slices or scooping this salad into endive leaves or celery sticks
- Stuff this into tomatoes served on lightly dressed baby greens and make it a fancy lunch at your next soiree
- Don’t have phyllo cups? Make tea sandwiches with this marvelous chicken salad and your party guests will instantly forget they are on a diet and will eat a platter of them…true story!
- Make a divine bruschetta for a crunchy party bite to go along with your cheese board
More delicious and refreshing summer appetizers
- Cantaloupe Caprese Skewers with Pepper Jelly Balsamic Glaze
- Apricot Butter with Moscato, Vanilla & Rosemary
- Sicilian Zucchini & Corn Gusto
Chicken Salad Phyllo Tarts with Gorgonzola, Pistachios & Cherries
These flaky phyllo shells are filled with a summertime inspired chicken salad that is perfect for those entertaining garden parties…with or without high heels
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp coarse black pepper
- 2 tbsp chives, minced (divided)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pistachios, crushed (divided)
- 1/2 cup pitted, chopped cherries
- 30 mini phyllo shells (2 boxes)
In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the mayo, mustard, honey and pepper and stir well
Add 1 tbsp. chives along with the chicken, celery, cheese and stir well
Stir in 1/4 cup of pistachios and cherries, taste for salt, I didn't need to add any to mine
Cover and chill for one hour
Fill phyllo cups right before serving and sprinkle with remaining chives and pistachios and enjoy